The humble tea towel, the most basic of kitchen accessories can be elevated to a style icon in the hands of the right designer. This quick round up of my favourite designs on the market right now are so good they could be framed and are guaranteed to brighten up the most boring or humble of rental kitchens.
1. 'I heart Peckham' £8 from Ray Stanbrook Prints on Etsy. Other South London areas are also available in other colourways.
2. 'Sitting Comfortably' £8 from Mini Moderns features iconic chair designs, great for mid-century inspired homes.
3. 'Lady' in mint £6 from John Lewis has been issued to celebrate the iconic stores 150th birthday. One other design also available.
4. 'Morrissey' £10 from Bold & Noble Prince, Ziggy Stardust and Freddy Mercury designs also available, perfect if you're a rock n roll type homebody.
5. 'Zig Zag £2.99 from H&M (also available as a table cloth and in grey colourway) is great for minimalists and lovers of bold brights alike.
6. 'Coastal' £12 (from a set of five) from Next ideal if you like pastels and classic, understated designs.
7. 'Seaweed' pattern by William Morris £6.50 from the V&A Shop is perfect for country kitchens or lovers of floral designs.
8. 'Coffee' by Stuart Gardiner £10 at Rockett St George lets learn all you need to know about coffee while doing the dishes.
9. 'Veg' £150 from Wit Shop (Fish design also available) great for fans of illustration.
10. 'Sugar Skull' £9.50 from Rose & Grey, also available in purple colourway is a fantastic option for lovers of kitsch or for the more gothic kitchen.
Whatever your taste, there are a huge range of designs out there to choose from, who says chores have to be boring?
Follow my blog with Bloglovin